Loving Yourself

0 comments
Happy new month all....!!! 

These are random pictures I took of my self...a blogger & photographer has a moment...I call it #SELFIE


After reading an article online by Sabrina Alexis "On Loving Yourself and Becoming More Confident". I got the inspiration for this post.


Often times have I found myself asking to love and be loved in return, But one thing I failed to realise was I was doing it the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I only failed to love myself.


Everyone wants a reason to be happy, everyone seeks happiness. Most of us go about this search in different ways that is believed to suite oneself, some believe it is finding solitude in the opposite sex, partying, drowning with workload and so on..(different styles for different people), but what we all fail to realise is that HAPPINESS comes from within. It builds from the inner most parts of us, you alone are the source of your happiness.

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere" - Agnes Repplier

I can't speak much for the married ones out there, but I can say this for sure to the single ladies and young lads; the desire of wanting to be loved by the opposite sex, to have him/her tell you how much of a pretty damsel or handsome guy you are(the urge to have someonelse make you feel good about yourself), just swings you up for a desperate relationship...which is a No no!! often times, such relationships crumble...(okay I am not a relationship adviser). 

We should learn to appreciate ourselves first, acknowledge ourselves and stay&say positive things about ourselves. Prophesying good things to yourself actually does a lot of good. I recommend watching a documentary called The Secret, it talks about the forces of the universe and how our thoughts can influence these.


People fail to know their attributes and their worths, learn to list your attributes and constantly say it to yourself. Some people might call this "vain", but if it takes being vain to be happy, please do. Do not wait for someone else to tell you your attributes, learn to appreciate them before being told. God made us all in beautiful ways.


"Before you can be happy with someone else, you truly need to find happiness within yourself "



Read more from Sabrina  at: http://www.anewmode.com/lifestyle/loving-yourself-becoming-confident/#sthash.kVO3kaOO.dpuf



Post a Comment